Analyzing WRF-GC outputs
WRF-GC output structure
Output files generated by the WRF-GC model are similar to WRF-Chem outputs, so you have a large set of tools available to your disposal already developed by the WRF-Chem community. We provide some examples below.
Please note that WRF-GC species follow the GEOS-Chem species list, thus you might have to slightly modify scripts already available for WRF-Chem.
Outputs are in netCDF-3 ("Classic") format and can be configured in the WRF namelist. Outputs for diagnostics and species concentrations are instantaneous.
Tools for analyzing WRF-GC outputs
Some tools to visualize and analyse the WRF-GC outputs.
- NCL (recommended)
- The NCAR Command Language (NCL) can read in NetCDF data and create plots based on many example scripts for WRF (please refer to NCL scripts for WRF).
- M_map: A mapping package for Matlab to create plots.
- High-level functions for NetCDF files : Use functions to read data from in NetCDF data source easily.
- This page was last modified on 25 December 2018, at 23:25.
- This page has been accessed 668 times.