- May. 24: local information updated.
- May. 13: workshop program updated.
- Apr. 28: summer school program updated.
- Apr. 1: summer school program updated. Additional registration email (for cross-check) address provided.
- Mar. 9: summer school program added. Links to other nearby hotels provided.
- Mar. 5: website created.
Aims and Scope
Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) and Kinetic Processes play an important role in various
laboratory and space plasma environments, ranging from fusion experiments to Earth
magnetosphere to astrophysical accretion disks around supermassive black holes.
Through this summer School and the Workshop at Peking University, we hope to:
1) introduce plasma astrophysics and provide training to young scientists;
2) bring scientists from different fields together (laboratory, space, solar, and astro)
to exchange ideas and the latest results;
3) foster future collaborations in this area especially in asia and also around the world.
- MHD/Fluid Processes
- Interaction between Waves and Energetic Particles
- Kinetic Processes in Fluids
This workshop will be held at Kavli Insitute for Astronomy and Astrophysics
( KIAA ) at Peking University, Beijing, China.
Note to replace "_AT_" to "@" in email addresses below.
All the registration emails should be sent to Liwei Liu
(plasma_AT_pku.edu.cn AND pkuplasma_AT_gmail.com) before April 22, 2011.
Please specify and provide necessary information in registration if you need visa and/or hotel reservation.
Defaultly the attendances will be hosted at "Global Village-PKU (ZhongGuanXinYuan)", which locates outside of the east gate of Peking University.
The deadline for hotel reservation is May 22, 2011.
Information of other nearby hotels is also provided.
On any further modifications
, you can reach our LOC members directly by,
- Lili Liu (lililiu86826_AT_gmail.com) for Visa applications.
- Liwei Liu (plasma_AT_pku.edu.cn) for hotel reservation.
Scientific Organizing Committee:
(LANL, Chair of SOC
. daphui_AT_gmail.com), Guo-Yong Fu (PPPL), Xavier Garbet
(CEA Cadarache), Hantao Ji (PPPL), Yasuaki Kishimoto (Kyoto Univ.),
Alex Lazarian (Univ. Wisconsin - Madison), Doug Lin (UCSC/KIAA), Zhihong Lin (UCI/PKU), Yasushi Ono (Univ. Tokyo),
Hyeon Park (Postech, Korea), Stewart Prager (PPPL), Dongsu Ryu (Chungnam Nat. Univ., Korea),
Kazunari Shibata (Kyoto Univ.), Xiaogang Wang (PKU), Huirong Yan (KIAA-PKU)
Local Organizing Committee:
(Chair of LOC
. cjxiao_AT_pku.edu.cn), Yi-An Lei, Zhihong Lin, Lili Liu,
Liwei Liu, Beini Tang, Xiaogang Wang, Fu-Guo Xie, Huirong Yan
Peking University (Kavli Insitute for Astronomy
and Astrophysics, and Fusion Simulation Center)
- Fusion Simulation Center at Peking University (FSC)
- Kavli Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics (KIAA) at Peking University (PKU)
- Center for Magnetic Self-Organization in Laboratory and Astrophysical Plasmas, USA
Webpage designed and mantained by: